Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few days ago my ultra camera stopped detecting motion in places that it previously picked up for about a month. The motion detection and smart phone alerts have progressively gotten worse since noticing there was a problem. I have moved the camera to a lower position, deleted and added the camera several times after taking the battery out, and restarted the base station. Nothing has helped. I loved this camera when I got it but this system went downhill real quick.

4 REPLIES 4
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh ya just wanted to add, good luck with customer service. make sure to take a day off before you call so you have time to wait for them to call you back and then proceed to troubleshoot all the steps you've already done before you called.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that you have a hardware problem but first try removing and resyncing the camera.

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I have tried this, and tried deleting and resending the base station as well since my last post. I think I have isolated the major problem to motion moving away from the camera which hasn't always been the case. when I got the camera everything was great but when I started noticing the problem it was when people were leaving my house. they could walk all the way down the driveway, which is 5 feet away from the camera, and the camera did not detect any motion. I even lowered the camera height in hopes this would increase detection but that hasn't helped. now I can walk out my front door, walk straight through my yard all the way to the street and the camera does not pick up any motion. However when I turn around to walk back inside from the street the camera finally picks up motion and sends me an alert. 

I am currently on call with support and have been waiting for an hour. 

Sevakesmailian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had the same issue. Today I got a hold of the CEO of Arlo and was able to message him and he caught his highest level of engineers to do a conference call with me. We figured out that when you go into settings and trigger one camera to record when it has motion And or sound To have another camera record at the same time this is what causes that issue of non-recording. I would recommend you to have the same camera record when it sees emotion and not to trigger other cameras to record when a specific camera is catching motion. Also I would advise to turn off the sound detection And only leave motion. They have taking logs and other information from my cameras to hopefully fix this issue. This is a temporary fix. I hope this helps please let me know if it worked for you.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation