Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra stop detecting person motion

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been issues with my Arlo ultra cameras. It’s stopped detecting motion especially people/ person motion. Even if it’s from side to side. I have tried to test it few times, restart the hub and took the battery out of the camera and insert it again.
I can see myself in the field of view of the camera however it’s still not triggering the motion.
Infact nothing happens no recording, no notification. Moreover the camera goes offline sometimes and other times no detection.

Has anybody else is having these issues. It is really a waste of money.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed the camera and resynced it?  Is firmware up to date? Have you contacted support using the Contact SUpport link at the bottom here for possible hardware problems?

Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have removed it and resync it. However the issue is still there.
No I haven’t tried to contact Arlo support.
arbiedelacruz
Tutor
Tutor
I'm seeing the same issue, Arlo Ultra is pretty unreliable with all the SW bugs.

Is anyone working in fixing this BUG in Arlo comm?
Relking
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the Ultra Pro 2 and have not been having any problems with motion detection but since the version update it keeps logging me out. However we just got the Ultra for my Dad and it isn’t detecting motion at all. We got him 5 cameras and none are working, it is only detecting audio. Very frustrating given I know how well they can work and I recommended it and for him the most expensive ones and their useless. I noticed posts from 2 months ago for the Ultra with people complaining it stopped detecting motion suddenly after working fine. Arlo needs to fix this urgently.
Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree the detection is pretty crap for Arlo ultra. Motion detection with Arlo ultra is hit and miss. Especially when it comes to detecting a person It fails most of the times.

This needs to be fixed urgently as it was the main selling point for ultra and that’s what makes it different from Arlo pro 2.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keep in mind that Ultra uses PIR (passive infrared) sensors to detect motion. These are best at detecting motion between 5 to 20 feet of the camera. If you're experiencing inconsistent motion detection, it could be due to positioning. Take a look at this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Ultra camera to detect motion in specific areas?

JamesC

Sharrz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James the camera is definitely within the mention distance. And it was detecting motion previously for vehicles and audio. But it’s not anymore and it has never been able to detect the people motion. Even from 5 feet away. I have tested that multiple times
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sharrz,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation