Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlo321
Tutor
Tutor

Having trouble with the audio output from brand new Arlo Ultra cameras when monitoring the cameras with live view.  I am talking about the sound FROM the camera's microphone TO the device monitoring the camera.   In other words, trying to listen to someone speaking into the camera.   Monitoring the cameras with iPhoneX, MacBookPro and Windows 7 computers all produce extremely low volume.   It is barely audible.  The audio from the Windows 7 Chrome browser is by far the worst and not useable even when all volume controls on the cameras and computers are set to maximum (100%).   The camera's microphone seems to be sensitive enough to pick up someone speaking normally even from 15 feet away from the camera.  The voice is clear but just extremely low volume.  It requires headphones to barely hear what is being said.   The video is clear and usable although does suffer from about 4-5 seconds of lag.   The audio is unusable unless I can get it to be louder.   Camera firmware is up-to-date.  Help needed. 

5 REPLIES 5
VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Do you have the volume turned up? Under device setting,, audio settings?
Arlo321
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, as I mentioned in the posting, audio volume under device settings are set to maximum.  Also set to maximum on the computers and iPhone. 

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice
Sorry that's all I could think of. Maybe someone else can help.
Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
I don’t have this issue as for me I hear clearly on my iPhone XS. But I will say when you talk back the speaker on the Ultra is low and the person that you would be talking to would not be able to hear you off of the camera well.
Arlo321
Tutor
Tutor

I have not tried talking to someone through the speaker inside the camera because in my application that is not needed.  The problem I have is when someone speaks into the camera the volume is just way too low on the iPhone app and on the  iOS or Windows browers.   It is still a mystery........   tried everything I can think of and no joy.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation