Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
efrost01
Follower
Follower

The siren bulit in the Arlo Ultra camera does to seem be loud enougn to warn off anyone around and another base station has a better siren bulit in the base station

57 REPLIES 57
Jimakaze
Tutor
Tutor

Great tip - this works if you want the alarm to go off whenever the camera detects something, your post covers something Arlo forgot to add in its manual - I’ve read it from cover to cover. I tried your tip and set up a custom alarm mode where I set the action for the siren to sound. The loudness default was very loud. I didn’t test it as its night. 

The problem is I (like many others) manually avtivate the siren, and the manually activated siren loudness is simply pathetic. When manually activated the one at our front door is barely audible with the door shut, as in you have to know its going and listen for it. Its rediculous. It is about as loud as someone talking. You know its on if you are standing next to it but the neighbours won’t hear it. Any criminal type would probably themselves laughing.

There needs to be a way to adjust the camera siren level for when its manually activated. What could be an awesome product is being let down by a poorly executed UI, and an imcomplete manual. 

As it is I would not recommend this product, it’s like we are part of their beta testing, not users of a market ready product. Slick packing and marketing does not make up for a product that still has major issues to be ironed out.

I’m going to post a video to YouTube so other potential owners can make their decision with their ears wide open.  

Jim

Jimakaze
Tutor
Tutor

Its not a claim. Its utterly pathetic on a manual siren activation. I’m off on holiday and when I get back I’ll post a video with audio on here and YouTube.  People need to know that this product is not fully sorted - they need to sort the UI, and the manual.

Btw I can see how to adjust the loudness for an automatic action thanks to the tip above buts not covered in the manual. 

RGKWW
Initiate
Initiate

I was very disappointed in the volume of the siren, especially since before you trigger it, it tells you to be careful because it is very loud.  What a joke.  I triggered it in my quiet livingroom and could barely hear it.  Like a bee in a Coke can, except less angry sounding.  Someone said it sounded like a Sonicare tooth brush, but I have to say my tooth brush is actually a bit louder.  I hope this is something that can be fixed.  Having just spent over a grand on a system, I can say that this is only one of the many issues I'm trying to work through with my new cameras.  

jzehr39158
Aspirant
Aspirant

How many decibles is the siren rated?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jzehr39158 wrote:

How many decibles is the siren rated?

It's not on the datasheet.  

FWIW, most people think it's not very loud.  https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Ultra/Arlo-Ultra-Siren-Decibel-DB-Rating/m-p/1725542

Brooklynzoo
Tutor
Tutor
Hey it seems like your the man when it comes to these cameras. The tabs that you posted, I don’t see them on my iPhone app, also with the 2 way talk I can barely hear anything what do you suggest?
nastynick1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even standing right next to the camera I can barely hear the sirens and the voice thing is not very loud either. All volumes set to maximum still wouldn’t scare my cats they didn’t even notice it.Needs serious improvement!

PlumBill
Aspirant
Aspirant