Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarioCPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have the Arlo ULtra 4K Camera and the signal strength shows 2 bars. I get  messages that the device is offline and sometimes I get the message that the device failed to connect. Is the camera to far from the base or does it need to be reset or do I have some setting wrong.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarioCPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

So here is how I solved the problem. As suggested, I swapped the camera with another camera. It was receiving two bars signal strenght as well, but it worked fine.

The camera that wasn't working properly was moved to another location, also only receiving two bars and was still not working. I removed the device from the main menu of my app on my cell phone. I removed the battery and then reinstalled it. It wouldn't connect. I then had to use the reset/synch button on the bottom of the camera and it was recognized by the base. The camera is now working fine since my last post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been reports of this and firmware updates have been released to try to fix the issue. Are your camera(s) and base all up to date firmware-wise? Check the version in the device settings and compare to what's listed here in the Release Notes section.

Based on 2 bars, it doesn't seem like there's a distance problem but there could be interference from a nearby wireless device (near either the base or the camera) that could be causing this. You could temporarily move the camera to see if that makes a difference or swap cameras around if you have more than one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MarioCPA,

How far is the camera from your SmartHub? As jguerdat suggests above, try the camera in a different location to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

MarioCPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

So here is how I solved the problem. As suggested, I swapped the camera with another camera. It was receiving two bars signal strenght as well, but it worked fine.

The camera that wasn't working properly was moved to another location, also only receiving two bars and was still not working. I removed the device from the main menu of my app on my cell phone. I removed the battery and then reinstalled it. It wouldn't connect. I then had to use the reset/synch button on the bottom of the camera and it was recognized by the base. The camera is now working fine since my last post.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation