Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra "Press the live button to see your new camera in action"

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

Has anybody else purchased and is successfully using the Arlo Ultra Cameras (with the new Smarthub) in NZ?  Or had this problem elsewhere?

I have run for some time about 5 Arlo Pro/Pro 2 cameras and am very familiar with the Arlo systems.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a 2 camera Ultra 4K camera package.  Got home, installed the Smarthub (and got the free 1yr subscription), added the 2 Ultra cameras, removed one Arlo Pro camera from the old hub and added it to the new Smarthub. When I go to My Devices , Video Settings I can see an image but the Live play button does not work for the Ultra cameras or the one Arlo Pro camera on the new hub.  This happens on my iPad, iPhone and on any web browser I use.  This means the cameras don't work at all, they won't detect motion, stream or record, a wee bit useless.

I have done all the normal things like removed the cameras and resynced and done the same for the base station.  Putting the Arlo Pro camera back on the older basestation and yes it works, put it back on the new Smarthub and it doesn't.  Rebooted many times, they have the latest firmware.

Occasionally on a web browser it'll time out and say something like "unable to contact media server".  On my web browser, Chrome on OSX, live play does work for the old hub but not the new one.  I even took the drastic action of updating flash.

Basestation is  HW version VMB5000r4, FW 1.12.1.6_32471

Ultra Cameras are: HW version H6, FW 1.060.33.8_32761

Apps on iPhone / iPad are latest available as of Tue 16th April.

The Ultra cameras and Smarthub are within 2-3mtrs of the router and Wi-Fi access point.  I have also turned off the old hub to make sure there's no interference, just running the new cameras and new hub, makes no difference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JamesC and Arlo live chat who pointed me in the direction of my old hub holding open the connection and perhaps the router not allowing two devices (old and new hub) to communicate out on TCP/UDP Port 123 as required.  Once I removed the old hub and powered it down, a couple of reboots on the router and bingo the new hub and cameras now work.

Annoyingthat I couldn't retain both in use for a period of time but, hey, they new Ultras are nice, love the 180 degree view.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rp1790,

This definitely isn't typical behavior. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

rp1790
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks JamesC and Arlo live chat who pointed me in the direction of my old hub holding open the connection and perhaps the router not allowing two devices (old and new hub) to communicate out on TCP/UDP Port 123 as required.  Once I removed the old hub and powered it down, a couple of reboots on the router and bingo the new hub and cameras now work.

Annoyingthat I couldn't retain both in use for a period of time but, hey, they new Ultras are nice, love the 180 degree view.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation