Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Lou200
Guide
Guide

Arlo Ultra push notifications missing picture and e911, call a friend, etc options as advertised. You just get a simple text. These cameras are missing so much of what they stated,

11 REPLIES 11
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

If you include more details on your devices, OS versions and settings, the Arlo folks who moderate the community will likely be able to offer some help.

Lou200
Guide
Guide
Thanks but it simply does not send rich notifications. (pic, friend, e911, siren)? My settings are correct. On IOS iPhone 10s Max and all are enabled. Is anyone get the rich notifications that advertised right on the box?
chrisngrod
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still get the pictures in the notifications.  Coming from a Pro 2 setup to Ultra.

Just have to push and hold the notification to open it up a little bit bigger.

Normal video playback is a little larger than the screen and it is clipping some of the date and other info up top.

Lou200
Guide
Guide
I have no choice but to return them. On an alarm the ultra cameras send no notifications to my phone. The siren will go off on them and they will record only. My older Arlo cameras will send the notifications. Great promises, but failed execution. I really wanted these cameras too. No iftt, SmartThings, rich notifications, no text at all on an alarm.
st_shaw
Master Master
Master

I get push alerts to my iPhone 7+ and iPad.  Alert includes a thumbnail image, person detection, which camera, and the time. Force-press the alert and you can view a larger thumbnail, play the video clip, sound alarm, call friend, or call e911.

You must have the camera setup with the Smart plan and you must have push notifications selected for the camera under mode.

Lou200
Guide
Guide
I have push and email selected in the arm mode on all cameras and also have smart set up. I receive no notifications from the ultras. at all.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider rebooting your SmartHub (unplug the power, plug back in) and log out of your Arlo mobile app and log back in. Are you still only receiving push notifications for your older Arlo devices?

JamesC

Lou200
Guide
Guide
James,
I unplugged the base and logged out & back into the app.. Armed the system (quad checked my settings), still no notifications for the 4 ultra cameras.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

We released a backend fix for these issues tonight and have confirmed the fix was successful. If you are seeing issues still, please provide as much detail as you can about your current device and app info so that we can further assist. Thank you for your patience!

Lou200
Guide
Guide

Dawn, it in fact still does not work. I rebooted the hub and cameras and logged out and back in and checked all setting. Tested 4 times. Still no notifications from an alarm on the ultra cameras. Plus, still no ultras in IFTT or Smartthings with my other arlos.

dannywu
Aspirant
Aspirant

After setting up correctly, I can't  receive any notifications from the ultras. After two time call to Arlo staff, I can receive notifications, but not every times. However, after one week later, I can't receive any notifications again. A new issue is that for many time, I can't deactivate the system when I am at home and there is siren alarm since i can't find the link of deactivation.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation