Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

everything has been working perfectly for over a year and suddenly for some reason now the camera and record icons are greyed out.

when i log into pc to use it to record it now locks out the record and snapshot icons.

the only resolution, is to reset base station every time. 

I log into app with Iphone 12 to post footage, however when signing out and going back to PC this is when it knocks out the record and snap shot icons. so i have to reboot base station again.

trouble shooting

Solved: Icons grey on one camera - Arlo Community

tried this didnt work

unzoomed camera, deleted zones, turned camera off, removed camera from smart notifications menu. Rebooted base station, turn camera back on, rezoomed and created new zones. Record icon reappears and snapshot, i get 30 mins recording time.

then logging with app on iphone to review and send footage link, then loggin back into PC the icons are again greyed out. This is on all four cameras now.

Firmware1.070.52.1_35_1bdb65f camera

Firmware1.18.0.3_1197_d554faf base station 

windows 10 pro version 21H2

iphone  app 3.6.4

set in Armed mode

other errors your camera is busy and cannot restart even though i have turned it off

any assistance would be great this is so frustrating

12 REPLIES 12
Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing/reinserting one of the camera batteries?

Manual recording (and snapshots) do require a subscription, and also require that 2K/4K live streaming be turned off.  I suspect you already have the subscription (and are using 1080p livestreaming), but it would be good to double-check that.

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are connected to the genuine arlo magnetic  power adapter (constant). No i haven't tried this though,  where i have the main camera mounted is quite difficult to get to, and wanted to hope for an easier solution then removing  device and having to sync and re-add it to base station (pair) again. I have a 2 k sub through arlo cloud.

All was working well without a hitch till this week.

i have noticed that when i reset base and start recording via the PC record button that the footage is in night vision (grey) for like a millisecond then it comes back to color.

ill get 30 miins of recording then use app to send footage then log back into pc and buttons greyed out both camera and record.

thankyou for your reply i will have a shot at the battery later today!

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

also arlo request timed out error intermittent, or unexpected error occurred

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried resub and updating details 

no fix

any help appreciated arlo?

if all four cameras are now doing this means the battery isnt a problem

swapping cameras in and out made no difference 

something has corrupted somewhere 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Evilhemmes wrote:

any help appreciated arlo?

If you have a subscription (sounds like you do, since you can manually record), then I suggest contacting Arlo support using the options in the app.  You should see a phone option there.

Don't google for support, that will lead you to a scam site.

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried launching from google chrome and cleared cookies ect from microsoft edge

still same issue.

logged ticket as you suggested with support now waiting for a fix

tyvm for your help, appreciated

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

tried logging in with Laptop same issue.

updated the payment info details ect

believe that this is the glitch at arlo's end or just simply logging in with another trusted device knocks the ability to record and snapshot

for a millisecond i also get the yellow stripe saying im logged in with another device even though i am not

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

so latest  i post footage then reset base station and camera and snapshot icon reset get record and snapshot button back then i times out after 30 secs or so then i relaunch browser only to find that snapshot and record function are gone again, and i didn't log into iPhone or any other device

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

blew everything away, re added cameras one by one, swapped batteries around

no fix

TYVM Stephen B for chiming in much appreciated

Evilhemmes
Aspirant
Aspirant

also noted that just leaving the recording then trying to come back without trying to log in with phone app causes record button and snapshot to be removed from access 

clear bowsing data and cache was arlo help response this does nothing from Microsoft edge

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I also use Edge, and use the same account with the browser as I use with my iPhone.

I've tried to duplicate what you are seeing, but I haven't been able to do that.  I'm always seeing the recording controls in Edge when I livestream.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation