Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra on my Arlo Pro 2 system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Doccen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have an Arlo pro 2 system with 3 cameras, now I bought another camera but i chosed t buy a better camera so it became an Arlo ultra. On all other cameras it is easy to set the activity zone, it is as usual "settings / video. But on the new Arlo ultra camera there is no activity zone, only video settings? So my question to you, 
do you know how to set the activity zone at Arlo ultra, does anyone know? / best regards from Doccens

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Doccen wrote:

But on the new Arlo ultra camera there is no activity zone, only video settings? 

If you go into video settings, you should see Activity Zones there.

FYI - you will need a paid subscription for the Ultra to get cloud recordings, and cloud activity zones after the trial runs out.  The only way to get activity zones on the Ultra w/o a subscription is to power the camera with the AC charger.

Doccen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Stephen.
In videosettings there are no activity zones, possibly it could be because I have power to the camera via the usb cable that comes with, I have ordered the cable that should be for permanent outdoor use of 2.4 meters or that I have no subscription connected, I use a USB memory?

Best regards, Doccen

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Doccen wrote:

In videosettings there are no activity zones

If you are using my.arlo.com, you should see them here:

activity zones.png

Are you using the primary account, or are you using an account with friend access?  You need to use the primary account.

Doccen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello

I got the answer from the support and it was like you wrote Stephen, swt I was the one who did not understand the difference between having an activity zone and alarm when moving.

The support wrote like this
Your Ultra camera alerts movement according to your settings in the Mode menu.
In the menu mode, settings for local storage are also set.
You do not see a clip in the library because the camera does not have a subscription, so it lacks the ability to save the movie to the cloud. To be able to save to the cloud and play the movies directly in the app, a subscription is required.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation