Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra + older models

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Capirex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I am about to invest in a security system which essentially could be expanded over time to have other functions as well e.g. door locks, door bells and lights.

Basically what I need asap to my house is a loud siren, two cameras and a door bell preferably with video but audio is enough as well.

I have decided to buy Arlo Ultra camera with the new smarthub. As the second camera I thought that I would buy Arlo Pro 2 as they are nicely discounted and the space indoors where the camera is located is quite small and bright so 4k video is not definately not required. I also have one used Arlo Pro base station

So then the questions:

1. Can I connect the Arlo Pro base station to Arlo Ultra smarthub as an additional siren?

2. Can I connect Arlo Pro 2 camera to the smarthub or do I need to connect it first to the Arlo Pro base station which is then connected to the Smarthub?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) You can't directly connect the Pro base to the hub but when creating rules for a camera you can use Add Device to allow a camera synced to the hub to sound the Pro base's siren.

2) Probably the easiest thing to do is to sync all cameras to the hub. There are strengths and weaknesses to this, though, with cameras being synced to specific bases allowing a bit more customization. You just have to try one way and see if that's a good solution for you.

Capirex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the quick reply! So basically I can use the old base station as a siren. That is neat as the siren in that is super loud.

If one camera triggers the alarm on the base station, can I also trigger it to simultaneously to sound the alarms on the Ultra and Pro 2 cameras? Is there a siren in the smarthub?
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation