Arlo Ultra motion detection, recording, and notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamesclark830
Follower
Follower
I am trying to figure out the relationship between how Arlo Ultra motion captures video and the notifications. I setup Arlo to arm when I exit the geofence, and use schedule while at home. I was getting pestered by motion notifications while at work and my family is at home. So I disarmed it, figuring it would still motion capture video without notifying me. Turns out it did not capture any video at all. Huh? How can I just capture motion detection video and then optionally be notified?
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jamesclark830,

Disarming the system will stop recordings. This is expected. If you do not want to receive Push notifications when Armed, you can turn them off in the rules for the desired camera.

Take a look here for more information on how this is done: How do I set up notifications or alerts?

JamesC

ColoArtist
Star
Star

I'm sure someone will have a more complete answer, but I can tell you what I've found thus far. The cameras will not record at all unless the base is in the armed mode.

I wanted to be notified not at home. But when home I wanted the recordings to continue, but not get any notifications. What I did was to create a new mode where the base was armed but no notifications were to be sent. Then I did a geofence where when I was away it would use the regular armed mode and when I was home it would use the mode I had created, the "quiet" armed mode.

So for you, you could create a quiet armed mode, and if you're getting too many alerts while at work, remotely switch the mode to quiet.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation