Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra hub won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
My hub won’t sync. LED blue. I have lodged case number 41562696, but haven’t received a reply in more than 48 hours. Disappointed. Please advise options. I’ve tried resetting etc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried to discover again after resetting device and it now works! I did hold the reset button down for ages though, perhaps longer than previously. Thank you all for your help anyway.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you try the reset? You have to hold the reset button until the LED flashes amber. Let it reboot and try claiming it again.

NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply jguerdat. Yes, I have tried that and whilst the light flashes amber, it refuses to be discovered as a new device and the LED eventually goes blue. I can see that it has a wifi signal from my iPhone settings if that’s any help.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NK73,

What is the history with this SmartHub? Is it brand neew? Did you buy it new? Were you using it on a different account?

JamesC

NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought new through Amazon Prime about a week or so ago, setup okay then unplugged hub from modem when shifting some gear around, then replugged. Then it failed to connect, so I deleted and tried to re add the hub and now not discoverable.
NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just to clarify further, yes I am attempting to discover from the same account.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NK73,

When you say you shifted some gear around, what did you do? What is different now than when you originally had the setup working?

JamesC

NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not aware of anything being different aside from the position of the hub being moved about a foot. It is the same modem.
NK73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried to discover again after resetting device and it now works! I did hold the reset button down for ages though, perhaps longer than previously. Thank you all for your help anyway.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation