Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra compatibility with Arlo Pro 2 & it's base

pjsisk01
Star
Star

Please tell me these new Arlo Ultra cameras are compatible with the exisiting Arlo Pro base staton and app. If not it pretty much leaves all of the exisitng customers who invested a lot of money (myself over 700 USD) out of the upgrade game.

116 REPLIES 116
GregJ13656
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can I add an Arlo Ultra camera to an existing Arlo base station supporting Arlo Pro 2 or Arlo Pro cameras?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@GregJ13656 wrote:
Can I add an Arlo Ultra camera to an existing Arlo base station supporting Arlo Pro 2 or Arlo Pro cameras?

At this time the Ultra will only run on an Ultra base....

the pro/pro2 cameras will run on the new base too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mr_sparkle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to know everyone's thoughts on the new Ultra Product.

I like the camera and the features but I know it is not compatible with my Arlo Pro 2 System.

So now I have to upgrade the base in order to get the ultra cameras. Ok no problem however here is my issue with the base.

I cannot plug in a external drive to save my videos. This is one of the main reasons I have a Pro 2 system.

I do not want to pay for 30 days of cloud storage when I get 7 days now for free! I also have many more days on my external drive (2 TB) which is not the same as plugging in a SD card into each camera!

So.....When are the Ultra cameras supposed to be backward compatible to the Arlo 2 base or give me a better base option.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, the mem card goes into the Ultra Base, not the cameras ( works just like the usb port on pro2 )

The Ultra bases can run the Arlo/Pro/2 cams but the older bases do not support the Ulra camera. ( unknown if it will be backward compatable )

iFagus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

it's possible to connect one new Arlo Ultra Camera to my Arlo 1st model (Arlo VMS3-30)???? I've the 1st model Arlo VMS3-30 and one of my camera was broken...then I'ld connect one of new model if it's possible...

thanks you guys....

Claudio

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not yet. An update has been promised but no release date is known.

BoXBo
Initiate
Initiate

I spent quite some money on an Arlo Pro system. Now I bought a new Arlo Ultra (and Go) camera just to find out (after hours of trying to sync with my base station) that the new Arlo Ultra is NOT compatible with my current base station (VMB4000r3).

I read that Arlo will provide a firmware update for older base stations to allow new Arlo Ultra cameras working with them. When will that update be available?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@BoXBo wrote:

I read that Arlo will provide a firmware update for older base stations to allow new Arlo Ultra cameras working with them. When will that update be available?

It is unknown as to when

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

And when it does happen, do not expect your old base station to support all of the features that are built into the new Ultra base station.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
hopey
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I have the arlo pro2 wire-free camera set up and would like to purchase another camera. Will the new Arlo Ultra camera be ok with the pro 2, please?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hopey,

You will need an Arlo SmartHub to sync an Arlo Ultra Camera. Take a look here for more information: Is Arlo Ultra backwards compatible with my existing Arlo system?

JamesC

ksmith7108
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the Ultra camera work with base station model VMB4000r3?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

No, the Arlo Ultra camera is not backwards compatible with older generation Arlo base stations. At this time, you cannot sync an Arlo Ultra camera with a base station other than the Arlo SmartHub.

Auscan
Tutor
Tutor

When will the Arlo Pro Hub be able to connect to the Arlo Ultra Camera?

colin1892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello does anyone know when we will be able to use the arlo pro 2 basestation with arlo ultra, do you think this will be anytime soon? The arlo pro 2 basestation gives a so much better signal than the new arlo ultra basestation. thanks

R0y-c0asty
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi is 4k spot light compatible with Arlo Pro base
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@R0y-c0asty wrote:
Hi is 4k spot light compatible with Arlo Pro base

Lights use a "Bridge" that connects lights to a router, usually the same router that works with the Arlo Pro base station.

Cameras connected to the Pro base station can communicate with lights connected to the bridge.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime