Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Boo94
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. Just wondering if the audio/sound can turn off by itself? I noticed my recordings had sound lastnight and then all of a sudden they didn’t have any sound. Can this happen on its own or does someone have to actually turn it off in the settings?
3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
Normally the only way to turn off the camera microphone is in the camera settings for audio.

If the library recordings are missing audio then it could be a problem with the arlo cloud engine as a result of data corruption within the camera or with the wifi connection.

I have not heard of any jamming method for audio although it is possible.

Boo94
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Danny.
Yes okay, that makes sense I guess.
I went into my settings this morning and in the audio section, they were turned off. This can’t be a glitch could it? Or does this mean someone has gone into the app settings and switched the audio to off?
Dannybear
Master
Master
If I had to speculate I would firstly suspect that someone else has access to the account or someone you have granted access to. Changing your arlo account password should be considered and removing any granted access users or partner integrations if attached.

Having said this, it is possible that it is a arlo glitch as there have been previously reported similar issues with settings mysteriously changing in the past.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation