Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra cameras not recording 3 sec look back

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced my Arlo Ultra 5 camera system with a new Ultra 5 camera system. Now this new system is not recording 3 second look back. my other system always worked as expected. The cameras are permanently plugged in and nothing has changed with the plugs and adapters. 

Im on the latest firmware for both the cameras and base station.

What can I do to trouble shoot this and correct this?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

Are all of the cameras behaving this way? If the cameras are plugged in with AC adapters (not solar panels), the foresight feature should be enabled.

JamesC

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Out of the 5 Ultra cameras 3 are plugged in to AC power and recording in 4k. They are not recording 3sec look back.

The Ultra cameras they replaced were working with 3 sec LB, this new system is not. The cameras are n the same exact same place as the old cameras.

One this I did notice though, is that the build quality seem to be of lesser quality. Even the batteries seem different.

Both sets I have came from Costco.

K9trainer
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

K9trainer,

We've not seen widespread complaints of the foresight feature not working as expected for Ultra cameras. I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation