Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra (blk) Solar Panel (VMA5600)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SoCalEyeNTheSky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have 4 (blk) solar panels VMA5600B for the Ultra 4k. The problem I'm encountering is, none of them are charging. I have  checked all of the Wifi signals for the cameras they all have strong signals and the batteries were charging to 100% when I plugged them in to an outlet or charger to charge. Since I've attached the VMA5600B panels they will not charge there is no lightning bolt in the batterie charging status showing they are charging and yes they are plugged in properly. I do understand the solar panels trickle charge but 2 of my cameras had 100% charge when I hooked up the solar panels and in 3 days those 2 have steadily dropped as well as the other 2 cameras. Also all four 4k cameras have the correct batteries in them. The 4 solar panels are not obstructed in any way. I have 4 Pro 3. cameras with solar panels and have NEVER had this issue.  

So can someone tell me WHY the VMA5600B solar panels won't charge my Ultra 4k camera the batteries?  

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SoCalEyeNTheSky,

Does the battery icon never indicate they are receiving a charge for all 4 cameras or is it just not always indicating they are charging? What is the temperature when this is occurring?

JamesC

SoCalEyeNTheSky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

All 4 batterie icons are showing no lightning bolt and absolutely no charging is happing. The temp in San Diego during the. days have been mid 60's*F during the day's and low 40's*F upper 30's*F at night since I connected the solar panels (VMA5600B).  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try popping the connector off and wiping both the cable end and the connection on the camera with a clean cloth. Reseat the cables. 

punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

+1 for jguerdat's advice above. When I initially connected my 4 solar panels, all were good except for one. I found that it started charging once I disconnected and reconnected the solar panel connection with a bit of a wiggle. I assume the connectors in the plugs must have a fine tolerence. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation