Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra base reboots/Amber light evry 10-15 min.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

After about 6mnd smooth running.

My base is restarting or loses internet connection evry 10-15 minutes.   Base is down for 30-60 sek.

Resulting when i´m not Home, my camares aper offline via IOS app ver. 3.5.8(2878).

My internet connection is fine… evrything Else in The house works fine when the base light is flashing.

Please give me some help or guidlines.

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JcaArlo wrote:

My base is restarting or loses internet connection evry 10-15 minutes.  

My internet connection is fine… evrything Else in The house works fine when the base light is flashing.

Restarting suggests a power issue, so I'd look at the power adapter plug and the power connection into the base first (making sure they are solid).  Perhaps try a different outlet.

You might also try a different ethernet cable (and plug that cable into a different router port).

If neither helps, then I'd suggest contacting support and asking for an RMA (since the smarthub is still under warranty).

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I´ve changed ports, power adapter, cable ... but the same result.

I walked over to my second Arlo base VMB4540r2, suprisely the base has also the same issue.

So ... of course would think it is a network error.  But I'm pretty sure it's not a network issue against internett, with the slightest break, my firewall will send me a message.

My LAN ... well should had some problems internal with streaming video, music and so on.

But proberly have to look in to that.
Is there any form for logs on the bases to look at?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JcaArlo wrote:

Is there any form for logs on the bases to look at?

Unfortunately, no logs.

The bases will respond to ping, so you could maybe monitor with gping on a PC.

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I run a Pingplotter too log the pings.

The base begun flashing orange 18:27.20 and became blu again 18:27.50 .... no packet drops.

So the network / swtiches and Lan port on base is OK .... 

What it wrong then ... connection to cameras? and why ... they look strong.

I´m a cloud customer ... you proberly have som connection information on my profile from my products?

Skjermbilde 2021-10-29 kl. 18.32.05.png
JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The scrrenshoot is uploaded on previus post 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JcaArlo wrote:

I´m a cloud customer ... you proberly have som connection information on my profile from my products?

This is a customer forum - I don't work for Arlo, and have no access to your profile, or any other information that you haven't publicly disclosed here.

@JamesC or @Mark-V might have some advice on the next steps.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried too Reach out …. No Luck.

Please provide my problem and Contact info to support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What issue did you experience when trying to contact support?

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you go to the support page og go thru the options .... you are back with community or a chatbot..... not helpful for me.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is your device still offline?

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, i still have the same issue for both my Home Bases.

Since the is no internal faults with switches, routers, cabels ... I'm looking to the producy it self ... if there is a firmware upgrade gone bad or there is a new versjon.

I have seen som other threeds here with the same issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JcaArlo

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

JcaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation