Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra app or service super slow

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
agsurf55
Star
Star

Base firmware 1.12.1.6_32471

IOS 12.2

The app and changing modes has never been very fast. But....

In the past week the app is incredibly slow. It takes about a minute to just read the base information, so I can change a mode. Did something change? Anybody experiencing similar issues?

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

agsurf55,

What model iOS device are you using? Do you see the same behavior when using a different device?

JamesC

agsurf55
Star
Star

iPhone Xs and iPhone Xr (my wife).

Both worked much faster till last week.

I am not sure if it is a problem from your servers having a slowdown since you started selling again.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

agsurf55,

Do you experience any difference in behavior if you're connected to WiFi rather than mobile data (or the other way around)? Is it slow or faster with one or the other?

JamesC

agsurf55
Star
Star

In wifi it takes forever to connect.

In mobile data is basically not connecting. I give up after a while...

Slowness started happening about a week ago. prior it was slow, but not unusable slow.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

agsurf55,

There were recent updates to the Arlo mobile app for iOS. Do you have the latest version? You might also try uninstalling the app and downloading a fresh version and test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

VCG
Apprentice
Apprentice

As of today 4/5/19 my app is slower than it has been, it opens fine just takes longer than usual to connect. The app is up to date. I've been running version 25569 since the 1st, but this started today.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation