Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bytejammer
Initiate
Initiate
Hi all,

From the press release:
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/about/press-releases/2018/ARLO-ULTRA.aspx

“Arlo Ultra comes with the new, advanced Arlo SmartHub which connects to the user’s router to provide extended Wi-Fi range to Arlo cameras”

Does this mean that the Arlo Ultra can connect to an existing Wi-Fi network for extended range?

I ask this because we have complete Wi-Fi coverage on our property using multiple access points. The old Arlo HomeBase pales in comparison and severely limits camera positions. I would love to use multiple camera’s but the range of the HomeBase makes this impossible.

I hope the new SmartHub solves this problem.

Looking forward to your answer.

Cheers,
Erik
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bytejammer,

Arlo Ultra connects to the Arlo SmartHub. The SmartHub connects directly to your router via ethernet cable.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bytejammer,

Arlo Ultra connects to the Arlo SmartHub. The SmartHub connects directly to your router via ethernet cable.

JamesC

Bytejammer
Initiate
Initiate
Then what is meant by: “provide extended Wi-Fi range to Arlo cameras” ?!
brianbreslin
Initiate
Initiate

@JamesC you misunderstood ByteJammer's request. 

In the materials on the site it says supports Wi-Fi. That makes one think that the RANGE of the hub can extend due to wifi. 

The range of the hub has been one of the biggest weaknesses of the hub until now.

FrankLew
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wifi is still weak on the ultra. I also noticed that the response time for motion alerts are very slow.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation