Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Solar Panel Chargerc vs AC charger

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kruz219
Star
Star

I'm thinking of upgrading to the Arlo Ultra from the Arlo Pro but I thought I read somewhere that you will lose some of the features of the Arlo Ultra if you use the solar panel option over hardwiring it. Is this so?

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kruz219 wrote:

....I thought I read somewhere that you will lose some of the features of the Arlo Ultra if you use the solar panel option over hardwiring it. Is this so?

I don't know what you read, or where you read it, but the answer is yes.

Solar panels recharge the batteries, they do not provide the constant power needed for some features.

As the manual for the Pro 2 system puts it:

"Plugging in the camera recharges the battery, and allows you to use more features, including activity zones, video analytics, and a continuous video recording (CVR) plan with the Look Back feature."

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kruz219 wrote:

....I thought I read somewhere that you will lose some of the features of the Arlo Ultra if you use the solar panel option over hardwiring it. Is this so?

I don't know what you read, or where you read it, but the answer is yes.

Solar panels recharge the batteries, they do not provide the constant power needed for some features.

As the manual for the Pro 2 system puts it:

"Plugging in the camera recharges the battery, and allows you to use more features, including activity zones, video analytics, and a continuous video recording (CVR) plan with the Look Back feature."

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation