Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan in Dubai

I have purchased an Arlo Ultra (4 camera) package from the UK and installed it in Dubai. The package comes with 1 year free subscription but no recording, unless I put a microSD into the base unit. I'm looking at upgrading to the smart plan premier but it says it is not available in my region. Not sure what the restrictions are, i.e. where the unit was physically bought from or where the installed location. Can some one please advise. Thanks

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Guru

Re: Arlo Ultra - Smart Plan

The issue with a VPN is that both the phone (or computer) and the base has to be connected through that connection so they can see each other for setup. If you can do that, I would think this would work.  Once set up, the VPN shouldn't be needed.

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
Guru

It's where the system is set up. The systems are all the same except for the various power adapters.

Message 2 of 9
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.

If I flatten the base station by doing a factory reset and set it up again over a VPN account (using VPN router) will this work? 

If so what happens when I reconnect to the local network, will it still work? 

Message 3 of 9
Guru

The issue with a VPN is that both the phone (or computer) and the base has to be connected through that connection so they can see each other for setup. If you can do that, I would think this would work.  Once set up, the VPN shouldn't be needed.

Message 4 of 9
Aspirant

I have same issue
Any luck?
Message 5 of 9
Community Manager

K_alshamsi,

Where did you get the system and where are you trying to activate it? The free 1 year plan is only claimable in the country in which the system was purchased.

JamesC

Message 6 of 9
Aspirant

I purchsed through amazon and then activated  at mexico, is there any possible way to have them at an US account?

Model: VMS5440 | Arlo Ultra 4 Camera Kit
Message 7 of 9
Community Manager

eduardo90mx,

Subscription plans are not available in Mexico. For more information on plan availability, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Message 8 of 9
Aspirant

I got mine in Newark USA
I would like to activate it in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Message 9 of 9