Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Re-Release March 24th - Hardware Revison?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
@JamesC

I know some of us who have decided to keep the Arlo Ultras that were released in early January and Purchased at Best Buy are wondering what the March 24th Re-Release of the Arlo Ultra means to us? Does this mean that Arlo is going to release a newer hardware revison of the Arlo Ultra, correcting early issues that may very well be hardware related? Or will there just be Firmware updates released to address the current and re-released (unchanged hardware) to Arlo Ultras?

As it stands the Arlo Smarthub Hardware version is: VMB5000r4

The Ultra Camera itself is: H6

If that is the case, and Arlo releases a new Ultra system with hardware revisions, what would Arlo do for existing Ultra customers who have the older hardware version of the cameras (Purchased in January) and hub and are now outside of the Best Buy return date?

I will eagerly await your response.

Best,

D
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dj3w3ll1,

All of the fixes that have been and continue to take place are software and firmware related and all of these will be available for existing Ultra users. No changes have been made to hardware.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dj3w3ll1,

All of the fixes that have been and continue to take place are software and firmware related and all of these will be available for existing Ultra users. No changes have been made to hardware.

JamesC

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
Adding to this but Before the re release will there be a major overhaul update to the app and software and firmware? Or will it only be minor things here and there?
jengio77
Guide
Guide
So are now Arlo Ultra ready for the market? All bugs fixed?
cd23murray
Tutor
Tutor

No the bugs aren't ironed out IMO.  I continue to have connectivity issues between the base and my cameras.  I do think it's quite a bit better, but definitely not yet up to like it was my arlo hd's.

J-BC
Guide
Guide

@jengio77 wrote:
So are now Arlo Ultra ready for the market? All bugs fixed?

Arlo do not even fulfill some of the promises listed on their Marketing message about features from Ulta, such as

Spoiler
"Custom Activity Zones
You can now create more-precise activity zones with Arlo Ultra. Activity zones can be customized with eight anchor points, and you can switch between up to five activity zones without having them all active at once."
(https://kb.arlo.com/000062132/What-is-new-in-the-Arlo-Ultra-camera)

So, much less, has resolved or provided any light regarding when they would solve some anoying bugs or issues such the fact that currently Activity zones does ot work, as exanple, besides Arlo know the issue since January as you can find on threads such as : Arlo Ultra and Ignored Activity Zones

Now that I know Arlo will come with a Hardware Revision, I will unplug my Ultras and return them back, then track the issues before I give them a second chance

Cwmmmm
Luminary
Luminary
@J-BC initite you stated “Now that I know Arlo will come with a Hardware Revision, I will unplug my Ultras and return them back, then track the issues before I give them a second chance” but where do you see that arlo will come out with revisiond hardware as James c stated they will only be rolling out firmware and software updates for the hardware that they already have?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation