Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Range

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wrathgar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like others, my Arlo Ultra cameras don't have the same range from the base as my Pro/Pro 2 cameras. Is this something can can/will be corrected via firmware updates?

If not, I'll need to return the Ultras and get more Pro 2s.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wrathgar,

How far from the SmartHub is your Arlo Ultra camera? What is the signal strength showing?

JamesC

mauijer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the Ultras advertised as having a better range and longer battery life due to the updated ultra Smarthub and Zeewave? Multiple people including myself are placing their Ultras where their Pro2's were and experiencing connection problems. My Hub is within 50 feet of my camera and shows 0 to 1 signal bar and contantly disconnects. I did update the firmwarm.

Also what is the PIR motion detection range on the Ultras, and is the detection not in the wide angles? My Ultra camera is giving me an embarrassing 5feet detection at 100% sensitivity on 1 camera and the other camera is maybe 10-15 feet if I'm dead center but misses peripheral motion.

My return timeline is expiring and it is looking like I will be returning my 4 camera $1000 ULTRA DISAPPOINTMENT.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't experienced the strength and disconnect issues so can't directly address them It could be worth removing the hub and Ultra cameras and setting them back up again to see if there's a difference.

As for the PIR detection range, it's still stated as 25 feet. I haven't tested the width of detection but can state that I get detection near the end of my short driveway.

KenC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also placed the Arlo Ultra Camera at the same place where my Arlo Pro 2 Camera was situated and I'm not able to get the same range on the PIR detection as the Arlo Pro 2.  Basically as someone stated if motion is detected in the center of the camera it triggers, however if it's on the periphery in Wide Angle mode it doesn't get triggered.  I'll try some more testing this weekend, but was wondering if anyone knew of addtional FW updates coming up that might address the motion detection?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation