Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra/Pro

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cmoore73
Follower
Follower
I have a 4 camera Ultra system. Three of the cameras are fine, but one is on the hairy edge of the reception area for my current base station location, which unfortunately can't change.

I have a few questions....

1.) Is there a camera that I can add to my system that is direct wifi and does not need a base station?

2.) I want to add a Pro 3 floodlight to my system. Do I need a different base station for that or will it connect to my existing one?

3.) If the floodlight/camera needs a separate base station, I can add a pro 3 camera to it to replace the ultra with the range issue, since the second base would be much closer. Can I then see all 6 cameras (4 ultras, 1 pro 3 and one pro 3 flood) within the same instance if the Android app?
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) The Pro 3 floodlight and Pro 4 cameras can connect directly to you WiFi - no base or hub needed.

2) See 1.

3) See 1. If you want to buy a new hub or base, that would help with the range issue and would provide the ability to use local recordings (I'd suggest the VMB4540 for this). As for all 6 cameras, remember that you have to have a subscription for all of these unless only local recordings without any additional features such as Smart would work for you. All 6 would show in your one account.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation