Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
niteskye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I only see a 25ft outdoor power cord for the Ultra. The short power cord for the Pro 2 doesn't seem available (

VMA4900). Do I have that right? Is there a short outdoor power cord for the Ultra?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@niteskye wrote:

Is there a short outdoor power cord for the Ultra?

Not from Arlo.  Just the 25' one (with the AC adapter integrated into the cable).

Arlo doesn't recommend third party chargers, and some users have had trouble with them.  But there are some out there with shorter cable lengths.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I had one glitch with my Pavora chargers after a app update but they worked great for 4 months and have been working since the one glitch.  The Wassersteins I have sometimes have issues but since I got a Arlo charger with each of the extra cameras I purchased I use them with the 16 ft cables I got from Wasserstein.  The 2 Pavoras  came with 20 ft cables and one was a 12ft.  I prefer my runs to be right without a ton of extra cables.  On Amazon you can get bricks that are the exact specs as Arlo outdoor bricks and cables the length you want without bricks.  Arlos our great but after a year they have one choice fits all, at twice the price.

niteskye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback guys. I find it strange that the accessory view isn't complete, given how long Ultra has been out - and now Pro 3 has shipped.

I am going to buy Pro 2 instead. I already have Pro 2s, and I don't want to mess around with 'non-standard' options. I know they work. The incremental cost should include all of the 'loose ends' required for a complete solution.

Arlo - you just missed out on an Ultra purchase!

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation