Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dj3w3ll1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello,

In box it seems you get Two Magnetic Indoor/Outdoor Mounts, and One Outdoor Screw Mount (New Design) in box. I see that it is possible to purchase additional Magentic Mounts, but not the New Design Outdoor Screw Mount.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_Accessory_DS_09Nov18.pdf

Please let me know if/when you may be selling extra Outdoor Screw Mounts. Model: 300-11092-01.

Thanks,

D
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The specific mounts you're referencing will be made available soon. In the meantime, some Arlo Security mounts like the VMA1000 and the outdoor mounts VMA4000, work great with the Arlo Ultra camera.

Take a look at our products and accessories page here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/default.aspx

JamesC

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Remember, the Arlo lights use a standard screw thread. Any conventional camera tripod, for example, will accept a camera.

As it is, the magnetic mount that comes with the Ultra cameras is dreadful.

But the new screw mount is nice.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
LarryQwest
Star
Star

The new outdoor mount is supposed to be plastic and no where near the quality of the current all metal outdoor mount according to reviews.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

It is also near on impossible to get the new magnetic mount to aim the camera horizontally in front of itself.

Oh and it is difficult, if not impossible, to attach the new style charger to a camera on the mount.

The designers must have been smoking something when they came up with that one.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
BestBuyGuy
Apprentice
Apprentice

The metal outdoor mount that has been out for a while is pricey but is the highest quality mount you can buy. The knock-off ones can be ok but they will rust sooner, have a poorer finish, and do not adjust as smoothly. The plastic locking nut is sized so you can leave a cable installed unlike with the smaller magnetic mounts. The new outdoor mount included with the Ultra is a step down (like everything else with the Ultra).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@BestBuyGuy wrote:

The new outdoor mount included with the Ultra is a step down ...

Some of us disagree. If, that is, you mean the one that screws on to the camera.

I have one of each sitting in front of me.

The new design is smaller and neater. It is shorter which means that I can tuck it out of the weather more easily.

It is made of plastic, yes, but that means that it will not corrode. Plastic also degrades over time, but by then the cameras will be equally battered.

The screw on the new design that locks the thing in place is much better and easier to adjust.

Just another user
Comiotmoto
Star
Star

"Some of us disagree. If, that is, you mean the one that screws on to the camera."

Are you nuts? I found the new Ultra mount to be a nicer more compact design, but not as well built as the original all metal one. There are plenty of cheap plastic ones all over the internet too, but I agree the best one is the longer original all metal one. I was very disappointed the included outdoor mount with the Ultra was not the better all metal one. Another cost cutting measure. Now if they made that design to the same quality as the original one, that would have been nice.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation