Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra- Motion detection??

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bkate6
Follower
Follower

I'll first start off with saying that I'm new to Arlo products.  I recently (the first day the arlo ultra was availble to purchase from best buy) bought an arlo ultra 2 camera kit.  I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the ultra cameras not detecting motion unless the person, animal, motion comes right in front of the camera? I was also told the ultra cameras dont need to be plugged in for the motion zones and i got a notification saying the "AC power has been disconnected from your arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled" I even have the Arlo Smart Premier. Im sorry if this issue has already been posted, I'm pretty new to this.  Also, my cameras dont seem to be recording in 4K, even though 2 of them are the Ultra (also have a pro 2 that seems like the same video quality).  Thank you for any help anyone can give.  Other than these issues I'm really enjoying these cameras.  Cant wait for Homekit support.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

How far away is the motion you're trying to detect? The effective motion detection is up to 25 feet for the ultra cameras. This could be why you're experiencing motion detection issues. 4K library recordings will display a badge in the top left hand corner of the clip. Are you subscribed to PVR service? The PVR service is what allows 4K recordings to be stored in the cloud. To subscribe to this, navigate to Settings > Subscriptions > click change > click continue to keep the account level subscription > select PVR and finish the flow.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation