Arlo Ultra Microphone says connecting

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

When clicking on the microphone all I get is the “connecting” Circle and can’t connect at all to talk to the other person in the front door. How do I get my two-way mic to work?

Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having that exact same issue - I just got my cameras two days ago & noticed I'm unable to speak/hear when I press the mic - just the "connecting" which takes a long long time. 

Model: VMC5040 | Arlo Ultra Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the web portal or Arlo app?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither work - app just cycles and says connecting and on the web is says failure to connect.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yup - my older version Arlo Pro2 worked but mic was a bit weak. You can hardly hear when people talked to you and visa versa. It's unfortunate we spend a lot of money on this product and it's below standard. It's not worth the money. 

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur on mobile data as well?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, can't connect using mobile data as well.

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SassyS

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted my internet router several times and restarted my arlo ultra smarthub serval times as well. I have turned on/off my internet and tried my mobile service to see if that would work and no such luck. I still get the connecting cycling icon. I have turned off the 'reduce wind noise' functionality to see if that would help and it didn't. If I'm lucky I will get the mic icon once or twice and when I press on it the connecting icon pops up again and won't connect to a live feed.

Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing > Re-Inserting the battery?

You can also try to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-add it. Make sure to add the camera back to your modes if applicable.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes and yes. I've tried everything under the sun. I will try to delete the smarthub again and re-install to see if that will work but it didn't the first time I did it. So we shall see. I'll have to return in a week or two if this continues - it's just not worth my time, money and effort.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation