Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SassyS
Guide
Guide

When clicking on the microphone all I get is the “connecting” Circle and can’t connect at all to talk to the other person in the front door. How do I get my two-way mic to work?

15 REPLIES 15
alexandallison
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having that exact same issue - I just got my cameras two days ago & noticed I'm unable to speak/hear when I press the mic - just the "connecting" which takes a long long time. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the web portal or Arlo app?

SassyS
Guide
Guide

Neither work - app just cycles and says connecting and on the web is says failure to connect.

SassyS
Guide
Guide

Yup - my older version Arlo Pro2 worked but mic was a bit weak. You can hardly hear when people talked to you and visa versa. It's unfortunate we spend a lot of money on this product and it's below standard. It's not worth the money. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this occur on mobile data as well?

SassyS
Guide
Guide

Yes, can't connect using mobile data as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SassyS

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

SassyS
Guide
Guide

I have rebooted my internet router several times and restarted my arlo ultra smarthub serval times as well. I have turned on/off my internet and tried my mobile service to see if that would work and no such luck. I still get the connecting cycling icon. I have turned off the 'reduce wind noise' functionality to see if that would help and it didn't. If I'm lucky I will get the mic icon once or twice and when I press on it the connecting icon pops up again and won't connect to a live feed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the camera by removing > Re-Inserting the battery?

You can also try to remove the camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-add it. Make sure to add the camera back to your modes if applicable.

SassyS
Guide
Guide

Yes and yes. I've tried everything under the sun. I will try to delete the smarthub again and re-install to see if that will work but it didn't the first time I did it. So we shall see. I'll have to return in a week or two if this continues - it's just not worth my time, money and effort.

Tray-C
Initiate
Initiate
Both my coworkers with Arlo Pro 3 systems brought this issue to my attention as they are having the same problem. I have an Arlo Pro base station w/pro and pro 2 cameras and having the same issue also. I tried to troubleshoot as indicated in this thread and was unsuccessful. Please advise. Thanks.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

SassyS
Guide
Guide

I have and worked with them on several issues besides the mic. No solution yet. The case will remain open for seven days but will see if they find a solution. I'm not too optimistic about it.

SassyS
Guide
Guide

Tray-C - good luck with this. I have placed a ticket number with cust. service already on this issue. Let's see if they can find a solution. I still can't get my microphone to work on my iphone arlo app.

Tray-C
Initiate
Initiate
I just a ticket in this morning. I have an iphone but also tried on the samsung android OS and it doesn't work either. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation