Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Magnetic Mount Spacer

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aaron42
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all,

I was installing an additional ultra today. I’m using the magnetic mounts for my other cameras so was continuing the trend. However as I screwed the screw in, the plastic spacer (that sits between the screw head and the wall that the mount ‘snaps’ on to, to hold it in place), well it broke in half :/.

Is there any other replacement spacer I can use as I don’t believe you can just buy the spacer. I Don’t really want to have to buy a pack of two mounts ($69 here in Australia) just to get the spacer.

I saw another thread where James said you would be able to buy them soon. However that was January 2019 and I don’t think you can.

Help!! Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aaron42

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more details about this issue.

JamesC

chefscott15
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lost one of the black magnetic mount spacers when doing my install. Is there a way to get extras?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

chefscott15,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to make a request. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Aaron42
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Chefscott15,

best of luck. It was a horrible experience.  I gave up and bought another set of magnetic mounts. They asked me the most useless questions that have nothing to do with the mount and I couldn’t be bothered.  so if you want to preempt then he questions asked me multiple times in multiple emails were:
1. What is the serial number of the camera?
2. When and where it was purchase?
3. What is your shipping address?
4. What is your phone number?
5. Can you send us a picture of the damage ARLO magnetic mount ( like they sell more than one type - and I sent it in the original case logged... sigh). 

Arlo is still pretty average for what you pay without the above pain. I’d pay for the mount just tell me how to get it!  

anyway, rant over. May the force be with you. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation