Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Local Recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EADGB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo VMS5240-100NAS Ultra - 4K UHD
I recently cancelled my subscription and I'm set up to record locally, but my library is empty.

Can I not record locally without a subscription?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EADGB3 wrote:

Arlo VMS5240-100NAS Ultra - 4K UHD
I recently cancelled my subscription and I'm set up to record locally, but my library is empty.

Can I not record locally without a subscription?

Have you set up direct access to local storage?

If you have, then try selecting "Library" at the top of the Library Screen, and see if you can select your smarthub.

EADGB3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, local recording is set up correctly.  When I go into Library, I don't have any options to change the source.

Some more info:  I bought an SD card and it's been in the base with local recording configured since the beginning.  However, whenever I would access my library, I could see the thumbnails, but if I clicked them to view the recording it would tell me I had to download them.  I opened a support ticket with Arlo and they were no help at all.  I ran with this config for about 3 years and all of a sudden, one of my two cameras had video in the library that no longer needed to be downloaded to view.  It was strange, because I didn't change any config.  This prompted me to cancel my subscription but when doing so, I now can no longer even see anything in the library.  My ultimate goal is to get both cams to record locally, without a subscription.

Even More Info:  the screen shots are from a browser on my laptop.  When I access the Arlo app on my phone and go to Library, I am able to change the source and see recordings from both cams.  It appears this is an issue with accessing my library locally from my.arlo.com.

Can you confirm I shouldn't be able to see local recordings from a browser?

EADGB3_0-1699982977965.pngEADGB3_1-1699983000909.png

EADGB3_2-1699983049064.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EADGB3 wrote:

Can you confirm I shouldn't be able to see local recordings from a browser?

Correct - that is one of several limitations built into direct access to local storage.

So unfortunately, working as designed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation