Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra Lag vs Arlo Pro 4 Live Viewing

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Shadowy
Star
Star

So, I have a couple of Arlo Ultras and Arlo Flood. Had them running for a few years now. I needed to add one more camera. I was on the fence about getting more Arlo. I like that it has HomeKit support and I do like the Flood design. But, the lag is bad. So, that was my main concern.  Considering going to Google Nest or something else. I have Nest Door Cam and it has less lag. 

That said, I bought an Arlo Pro 4 since I think the 4k video quality is not really 4K and not worth extra $$$. But that is for another thread. 

To the question, I noticed that the Arlo Pro 4 is about a second faster than the Arlo Ultra when live streaming. I have put both camera on the table (next to each other) and live stream at the same time. So, the distance Arlo hub is the same. Also, streaming one at time, i measure about the same different in lag. 

Anyone noticed this or have any ideas on this? I guess I was hoping there was a way to improve on the Ultra.  

Also, since the i'm doing local live stream, I'm surprise there is any lag. My Nest beats them all on initial connection stream and lag. But, I think others here have mention that even local has lag. 

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation