Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krispie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently purchased an Arlo Ultra 5 pack which was extremely expensive. I had an Arlo Pro 2 setup with 6 cameras and thought the Ultra would be a major upgrade. Well, I have had nothing but trouble. I have a support case open for 1 camera that just stopped working and I'm supposed to be receiving a replacement camera. I have another camera that keeps disconnecting with the response: The Request Timed Out. I know the first question would be, how far from the Smart Base is this camera. It is about 20 feet from the Smart Base. I have 2 Arlo Pro 2's connected and they are about 30 - 40 feet away and seem to work fine although the whole systems seems to be very slow in responding when trying to access any camera. Much slower than when I had my Arlo Pro 2 base setup. My Smart hub is about 6 feet away from my Netgear Orbi Mesh router and I have about 150MB Internet.   

I have attached a screenshot of what I see after I have accessed my camera for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Happens every time, I have never been able to keep that camera running live for more than a minute 

Also, the time lag when I have the camera's running live is sometimes 30 seconds to a minute, that is unsatisfactory. 

As you can see I have multiple issues with the very expensive "Upgraded" Arlo Ultra setup. 

Please help me get this working as it was advertised to work. 

4 REPLIES 4
Krispie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wanted to add this screenshot as well. It seems to go offline quite often as well. This just happened. I noticed this on my APP. The "Request Timed Out" response was from my Windows 10 Chrome browser. I have these issues when accessing from both my APP and web browser. 

Krispie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like my first screenshot did not post. Here is the image pertaining to my first post. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Krispie1,

These are symptoms of WiFi interference. Your Orbi router emits a strong WiFi signal, it sounds like this is interfering with your SmartHubs ability to communicate with the cameras. Try moving the SmartHub further away from your Orbi router to see if you experience better results.

JamesC

Krispie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, I will give this a try. Need to get a longer Cat 6 cable.  I appreciate your assistance. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation