Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra - Battery draining & disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
VIPERdsg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone.
Everything was fine before the new app was released (coincidence??).

Now one of my ultra cameras appears as “disconnected” within the app. It’s basically sitting right next to the wireless router.
It reconnected when I charged it. I brought it back to 100%, repositioned the camera, and 10mins later the app stated it had 57% battery.

Is it the camera? Is it the app?
Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If not connected into the base unit, the battery can drain as the camera looks for the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VIPERdsg,

The new app should not have any impact on the battery life or connectivity of the cameras. What does the signal strength icon show for the camera having this issue?

JamesC

Bbook72
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, have had 2 previous versions and all worked great, got the new ultra on preorder and worked almost flawless until recently. Around time new app available and noticed cameras were getting firmware updates constant blinking orange light on hub and one camera not working at all and other 3 show no signal most times and can’t get live views at all.

VIPERdsg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the replies.
The cameras are now remaining connected after the charge, however jumping from 100% back to 50% isn’t right... my second camera did the same thing... 100% then 10mins later 67%. These worked perfectly a few days ago.

I’m wondering if the app is displaying the wrong battery % number? No more/less recordings to usual, although the quality has declined - pixelation.

Both ultras have strong wifi connection.
I’m going to try resetting my base station today and reconnecting the cameras.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation