Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
noboruwee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is the power supply for the Arlo Ultra Base station compatible with 220-240V?
24 REPLIES 24
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The unit I have is 120v only.

noboruwee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Streak2. Looks like its the same as Arlo Pro.

Most devices nowadays cater for dual voltage range. But seems like not for Arlo.

DamianR
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine is 240 volt
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes. It's region specific.

There are work arounds like buying the unit in the USA but using your own power supply elsewhere.

Would void the warranty though.

Boostland
Star
Star

The base power supply for 220-240 volt countries will be the same rating as the Arlo Pro VMB-4000 base 200-240 volts.

If you purchase it in your region you wll be supplied the correct volts and pin config supply.

Camera charger however is rated 100-240 Volts same as the Pro supply

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@noboruwee wrote:

Most devices nowadays cater for dual voltage range. But seems like not for Arlo.

This has been the Arlo and Netgear approach for ever. But, it may be more a case of labelling than what is inside the thing.

I have seen several reports in these communities of people using a 100-120 volt adapter in 240 volt mains. It works. Someone tested this with a Netgear adaptor a week or so ago. No flash bang wallop. Just juice at the right voltage.

It may be that the law forces this on them. Perhaps they have to complete some expensive tests before they can slap the 100-240 V label on the side.

Try it at your own risk!

Of course, it is highly unlikely that anyone from Arlo will confirm that adapters are "world standard". But you would hope that they might step in if this theory is wrong.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
RogerioWagner
Initiate
Initiate

I bought an Arlo Ultra 2 Cameras bundle last week at Best Buy in US to be installed on my beach house in Brazil where the local voltage is 220v, and despite it's labeled 120v, the power supply is plugged in a 220v outlet.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Same here. Got a package from the USA last week.

Adapter for Ultra Hub works fine at 240 volts.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
alelas
Guide
Guide
I received mine just now and I am afraid It could blow out the power adapter supply.
Are you positive that I can plug this on a 220 volt outlet ?!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@alelas wrote:

Are you positive that I can plug this on a 220 volt outlet ?!

No. But I have received three or four 120-volt adapters from Arlo and Netgear. (Even Arlo stuff still says Netgear on it.) None has gone bang when plugged into 240 volts.

The adapter with the Ultra Hub sent to me from the USA sits beside me with a UK/US adapter plug. It says 120 volts but works at 240 volts.

Guess what? The serial number number  is AD2076F10 and P/N: 332-11092-01.

I worked on the principle that even if it does blow up I have lost nothing. Just a useless adapter. It is easy to find a generic replacement.

Just another user
alelas
Guide
Guide

Yes! Thank you!

I can confirm that it actually works!

I succeeded to plug it in Israel (220v).

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@alelas wrote:

Yes! Thank you!

I can confirm that it actually works!

I succeeded to plug it in Israel (220v).

Thanks for that.

That makes two of us, one in Israel the other in the UK, successfully using this adapter to power the hub on 240 volts:

PNG%20image

Just another user
alelas
Guide
Guide
Important update!
After a few days the ac/dc adapter stop working.
The good news is that I bought a new one in radio jack like shop (220 to 12v 2.5 amp) and the base is back on business.

kinder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm also from Israel, does the adapter you purchased working good with the base station? can you provide a link of the power adapter you bought?

Thanks!

alelas
Guide
Guide
Yes! It works just fine.
This is the link of the adapter from where I bought it:
https://www.afik2.com/40284/2015
It costs 98 nis (about $27 usd)

Good luck!
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@alelas wrote:

After a few days the ac/dc adapter stop working.

Mine has been working for months.

Still is.

Just another user
kinder
Aspirant
Aspirant

the 120v adapter with 220v socket?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@kinder wrote:

the 120v adapter with 220v socket?

If you are asking me, yes.

Just another user
Thomasjink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello everyone, bit of an old thread but about to receive a Ultra kit from the US but will be using in the UK. With the discussion above are you just using a US to UK plug adapter or are you buying a new power cable?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Thomasjink wrote:
With the discussion above are you just using a US to UK plug adapter or are you buying a new power cable?

I received a US style Ultra. The US power thing worked just fine. I just needed a US > UK adapter.

I have done this with quite a bit of Arlo/Netgear stuff. I have yet to have a power adapter fail on me.

Try it at your own peril but what have you got to lose? Test the adapter before you plug it into the Arlo hub and see what happens.

Just another user
Thomasjink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. Will be grabbing myself one of these and hoping all goes well!
AkshayT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just fried my power adapter of the Arlo hub bought in the USA and I plugged it in INDIA (220v) after reading here that it will work.

Any idea on how to get a replacement that works in 220v countries??
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I am surprised that it blew up. I have used several Arlo/Netgear 120-volt adapters on 240 volts. Not one has failed.

Any generic adapter will work.

Look for the right volts, enough amps (more is fine), and a tip that will fit.

Just another user
kinder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same mine, fried in the first second, I ordered from eBay the EU version and it’s working perfectly
Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation