Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wahootros
Initiate
Initiate

I recently purchase the 3 camera Arlo Ultra system. It has been up and running 2 days now. The base station LED light keeps changing from blue to a flashing amber color. I use the sync button on the base station to correct the issue, but it seems to be temporary. Can you please explain why the amber light is flashing and how to provide a permanent fix?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wahootros,

The amber LED likely is indicating an issue with the camera connectivity. If the camera is too far away from the SmartHub or the signal is subject to too much interference, the SmartHub LED will turn amber to indicate a connectivity issue.

For more information on SmartHub LED behaviors, take a look here: What do the LEDs on my Arlo SmartHub or base station mean?

Try elevating your SmartHub, or bring it closer to your camera and test to see if you get better results.

JamesC

53Crusher
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Base station has recently started to exhibit the same behavior. Has been relatively stable for months, but now I notice that it is flashing amber everyday. I unplug the unit, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in, the color goes back to solid blue.

I do have one camera with only one bar of signal, but the others three are either two or a full three bars. Internet is connected and I can even interact with my devices and library while the base station is flashing amber. Thoughts?

wahootros
Initiate
Initiate
Thank you for the information and follow up, it was helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation