Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra - Base Station Dead on Arrival

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
otistarda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got my 4 camera ultra kit today from a swiss online retailer. The base station does not work: No sign of life after connecting to power. I just sent the package in for an exchange.

By the way:  I also inspected the power adapter and the cameras, and my impression is that the build quality, quality of materials and craftmanship is much worse than with the "old" arlo system from 2015 that I have still in use.

I find that very regrettable because the old system is very good.

Regards,

Otistarda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
otistarda
Aspirant
Aspirant

After receiving a useless replacement kit by the reseller, I called the local Arlo Support and described my problem with the power adapter. They promised to send a replacement adapter no later than by end of this week.

To my surprise, I got the replacment on the next day by priority air mail. My system is now up and running, and I am very satisfied with the arlo support.

Thanks, Arlo team!

Regards,

Christian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

otistarda,

I apologize for the poor out of box experience. Please let us know if you have any issues once you receive the exchange unit. We would be happy to assist.

JamesC

otistarda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear JamesC

Thanks for you reply. I hope that your reseller "Microspot" will handle the case quickly. I will let you know if I need any assistance.

Regards,

Christian

otistarda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo

Well, your reseller just sent me a replacement kit: To my astonishment, the replacement kit has EXACTLY the same defect: The base station does not power on.

Here is what I found out:

1) For the central european kit, you have an universal power supply some plastic adapters for different plugs in different countries.

2) The plastic adapter for the swiss plug is defective (see attached photo).

3) How could I know: I have also ordered a dual charing station. This station has a similar power supply, and if I use the plastic adapter from that part on the power supply of the base station, the station is powered up.

Result: I could either power-up my base station or my charger, but not both.

Consequently, I will return the whole stuff for a refund and will wait until Arlo has sorted out its production problems in their cheap asian factories.

Regards,

Otis

otistarda
Aspirant
Aspirant

After receiving a useless replacement kit by the reseller, I called the local Arlo Support and described my problem with the power adapter. They promised to send a replacement adapter no later than by end of this week.

To my surprise, I got the replacment on the next day by priority air mail. My system is now up and running, and I am very satisfied with the arlo support.

Thanks, Arlo team!

Regards,

Christian

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

otistarda,

Glad to hear you're up and running. Please let us know if you experience any further issues.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation