Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

To not have to charge my camera every couple of weeks I decided to install the origial cable and wall charger to my camera.  Once I connected, the camera went offline after a few minutes,  i reset, disconnected and reset  /resycned everything but couldn't get the camera to go back online,   this has been happing for days, since i connect the power  cable.  Today i read some older reviews saying that they had the same issue and when they unplugged their Camera and put it back to battery power it worked fine so i tried this and it did fix the issue. Unplugged the power and within minutes my camera was back online and allowed me to view live video, etc.

Does anyone have this kind of problem? 

- Camera is working greatly in battery mode.

- Camera goes offline while charging with original cable and charger.   or will show online  and connected but wont record video and when i try to view the live feed it goes to, "Offline"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Tech called me and set up an RMA  to return and replace my Ultra camera!  The new camera immediately updated and uploaded a new firmware  and now it working perfectly!  So i believe it was a firmware issue and the old camera was not updating.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Harpland,

Have you tried plugging in on a different power outlet to see if it still happens? Is it showing offline on both the Arlo app on your phone device and/or the web client on your computer?

Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

When i plug it in,  the camera show's that is plugged in and charging,  and when i open the App it shows charging and connected to Wifi and the basestation shows the blue light showing that the camera is connected, etc.  and it will work for 1 day max then the next day it will still show, connected on the App but when i try to stream the live video feed, it will just spin saying connecting then after a few minutes it will just go offline,  then i have to unplug it from the power cable and then within 30  min it will work again, unplugged but the camera will connect again.   The root cause has something to do with the connection and power supply.  I am not sure if the electrical current in the power cable is somehow inter-fearing with the wifi connection between the base station and the camera?

Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

i created a help ticket then i just received a reply but when you try to update the ticket it just got to an error screen so i cant update or respond to the ticket,  so now it will probably be closed without ever being resolved.

If anyone at Arlo sees this  my case ID which is 41662931 please contact me

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried on incognito mode or on a different browser to see if you can respond to the case?

Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

Yes i have tried different browsers and different devices,  and every ticket / case that i try to reply to ends up with the same error message, which is extremely ironic, "There was an error processing your request. Please contact with Arlo Support"!   then you click on, "Contact Arlo Support"  and you have to click through 10 different options and end up with a, "Page not Found Message".   Again this seams to be a very common issue in the Arlo Community,  When i plug my camera into the charging cable it works fine for most of the day,  then  after 5-7 hours if you try to view the live stream it will not work,  it just shows, "Connecting" when you try to view live,  if you go to camera the camera will still sometimes show, "Connected".  Then if i unplug the camera power cord,  within 10 min the camera is working perfectly again, allowing me to view live and to record video, etc.   Throughout this (Camera plugged into and unplugged,  the basestation is showing the solid blue light that it is synced with the camera,  I have reset the router,  changed the channels to 1, 7, and 11 with no improvement,  the router / wifi download Mbps is 29.1 and upload is 10.9  so that shouldn't be an issue either.   Again the common denominator is the power connection and or electrical current interfering with the camera connection.  Non of the previous tickets / cases for the last 2 years with this issue seam to have been resolved and Arlo seams to be going out of the way to avoid trying to support their customers.  If i wouldn't have paid so much $ for these cameras i would just eat the cost and start over with a new system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Harpland
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Tech called me and set up an RMA  to return and replace my Ultra camera!  The new camera immediately updated and uploaded a new firmware  and now it working perfectly!  So i believe it was a firmware issue and the old camera was not updating.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation