Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 4K Recording

Discussion stats
BryanDawson
Star
Star

HORRIBLE business practice.

Arlo has the audacity to automatically downgrade (via software) their 4K cameras to 2K *even on local recordings* and eliminate 4K streaming on a basic subscription. Their answer?

1) They expect customers to pay for an upgraded subscription to get the 4K they expect on 4K cameras.

2) Cancel subscription to avoid downsampling (but lose activity zones, 911, etc.)

Talk about a bait and switch. I don't mind 2K cloud recording (it's Arlo's servers), but they should have no right to DOWNSAMPLE a camera I purchased and videos on hardware I own and extort more money.

>>>>> AND before some "community manager" starts his "hardware limitation" BS, save it. This is PURELY an intentional SOFTWARE downsample and cynical upsell strategy. During the "free trial" I had 4K streaming on one device and my local recordings were 4K. If this not resolved I will take this to my 95,000 followers on Twitter.

51 REPLIES 51
Trag
Star
Star

Your info is false. There is a class action law suit in the works. Just because they say you can't sue them is bunk. 

andyboymiller
Tutor
Tutor
I am interested. How do we proceed?

andy miller