Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Arlo Ultra Camera transmit audio stopped working recently, perhaps as a result of the latest Smarthub firmware release. I have 3 separate base stations. Every camera on all 3 Smarthubs has the same symptom. After pressing the live stream (incoming audio works) and then the microphone icon, it will display "Connecting..." for 10-15 seconds then says "Connection failed, press this message to try again". Repeated attempts don't help. This capability used to work fine every time. Now it doesn't work at all. Resets do not fix it. I would bet that this is a new thing that broke when the last Smarthub firmware release came out. Anyone else have this issue? Can you please check your systems? Any fix for this coming?? Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
jasonthegreat88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the exact same thing.  

I have the Pro 3.  It's stuck on "connecting" even with cameras right beside the base station and I have a strong internet connection. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey HazzMatt and jasonthegreat88,

Is this happening through the Arlo app or the web client on your computer?

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Since the cameras essentially fall asleep and don't record during those times, it isn't the interface.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Regardless if your cameras are not recording during those times, it shouldn't affect your push-to-talk function. I wasn't able to replicate the issue on the Arlo app on both iPhone and Android and on the web client on your computer as the push-to-talk feature works fine and connects.

You can try to remove the battery from your Ultra camera and re-insert them to see if that helps.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
My bad. You know - anytime that I post an issue I'm having, I should always copy/paste all my troubleshooting steps to include everything from removing and reinstalling the battery to a factory reset of the base station; which I always do before stating an issue on here.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

No worries. Since you've done all the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest to contact the Support Team so they can further investigate your issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello again, I'm not sure if you've seen the below message, just merged/posted. I could have nearly written a very similar message. I've had tickets in for very similar, if not exact, symptoms. I have pretty much given up trying to deal with support. The problems seem to get fixed with another firmware update, but soon after, a subsequent firmware update breaks things again. It seems that I must just accept the problems because I know I'm likely not the only person experiencing them. I then hope one of them will spend the energy contacting support because I'm now exhausted. I love it when my systems work, and I have said positive things about Arlo to others. Not so much anymore. Ok, here is the message just posted to the community board...

------

I have 10 Arlo ultra cameras. For 2 months now they have not been recording leaving my home and family at risk. Arlo does not care one bit. They acknowledged they caused the issues and it is an "ongoing problem" that their programmers are trying to resolve. I spent countless hours with level 1 & level 2 support before they finally admitted the issue was of their doing. Now all I get is excuses about how they are working on it. They won't allow you to speak to anyone about your customer service concerns above a "supervisor". I got the name of the supervisors 2 managers, but you are not allow to talk to them about your concerns. I have over $2,000 in Arlo Ultra equipment and they could care less about my concerns. If my company had systems issue affecting our customers people would be working on it non-stop and it would be resolved in a day. I just want to make sure anyone visiting this forum thinks LONG & HARD before spending the kind of money these cameras cost. I was their biggest fan until one day they all stopped recording. Now 2 months later and I have $2,000 dollars of worthless plastic and microchips and can't keep an eye on my 12 year old during these scary pandemic times when my wife and I are fortunate enough to be working all day. This will be discussed with the corporate office if I can find a way to reach someone, and will be the focus of my lawsuit if something isn't resolved soon. If you buy this product you have been warned that someday you find that their firmware updates leave you completely vulnerable. Check the forums, this is not the first time their firmware updates have left people stranded. Apparently they don't do adequate testing of their updates, then can't figure out how to resolve the issues they create. Wish I had looked at the forums prior to purchasing this product.

-------
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Also, I should clarify. Although this particular troubleshooting string is very different than the one I shared with you, but I also have the same problems listed in the other string. I decided to create the separate one, but again, I have those other problems too. I'm much more concerned about the cameras going to sleep and not motion recording than the 2 way audio issues.
acamejo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Has anybody been able to resolve the issue?
jbunay55
Tutor
Tutor

I've had the same problem on of my problems is that the 2-way audio doesn't work I can speak to them but then I cant hear them speaking back. my wifi is excellent we have 1gig, cameras are getting about 50 up and down. so I don't know what's happening. also, I select motions for people only. but then I get motion from cars. 

jbunay55
Tutor
Tutor

Another thing is that my cameras are very bad at detecting motion. many times I walk past towards the activity zones but I don't get a notification. 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation