Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ahmetari
Follower
Follower

I bought an ultra set with 4 cameras last year and it came with 1 year free subscription. I also had 4  Pro 2 cameras. My free subscription has been supporting all 8 cameras.

Since my subscription expired, I have to buy Smart Elite Multi Camera  package and pay extra for 3 additional cameras. Why do I not have the option to extend the service I had, covering all 8 cameras for same package?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ahmetari wrote:

Since my subscription expired, I have to buy Smart Elite Multi Camera  package and pay extra for 3 additional cameras.

No you don't.  You can shift the pro2s out of the subscription, and still get free 7-day cloud recording for them (only getting the Smart Elite package).  You don't get smart alerts or cloud activity zones for those cameras though.

@ahmetari wrote:

Why do I not have the option to extend the service I had, covering all 8 cameras for same package?

They discontinued the old Premier plan (creating some confusion by rolling out a different new Premier plan).  The problem with the old one was that it was limited to 1080p, and you had to pay extra per camera to get 2K or 4K.  Arlo got a lot of complaints about that, and decided to integrate 2K and 4K into the base plans (reducing the number of cameras to compensate).

People who don't have a lot of cameras (likely most customers) come out a bit ahead with the new plans.  But if you have a lot of cameras and don't care about 2K or 4K, then the new pricing is higher.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation