Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ultrajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased an Arlo Ultra 4 camera system.  Can I move my 5 Arlo Pro cameras to my new Arlo Ultra Base Station and still get the free cloud storage for just the Pro cameras?  I am hoping to simplify my setup by removing the original Arlo Pro base station.

Regards,

Ultrajones

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. If you already have the free subscription, the Pro cameras will continue with no issue. The Ultra cameras will require a subscription after the free trial period for full utility.

ultrajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

My account is completely messed up now.  I no longer have the free camera subscription.  This is so frustrating.  It shouldn't be this difficult.

ultrajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spent over a thousand dollars and have wasted several hours with support trying to get this resolved.  It all started with an Arlo Pro 3 camera trial that I had active on my account when I added the 5 camera Arlo Ultra system.  Supported had me remove *everything* from my account, then re-add the Ultra Cameras and *purchase* an Arlo plan that they would then credit me for a year.  I now have a completely messed up account with no way of adding my original 5 Pro cameras that included a free cloud plan.  Can anyone help?

ultrajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

I spent over a thousand dollars and have wasted several hours with support trying to get this resolved.  It all started with an Arlo Pro 3 camera trial that I had active on my account when I added the 5 camera Arlo Ultra system.  Supported had me remove *everything* from my account, then re-add the Ultra Cameras and *purchase* an Arlo plan that they would then credit me for a year.  I now have a completely messed up account with no way of adding my original 5 Pro cameras that included a free cloud plan.  Can anyone help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The older wireless cameras (anything other than the Pro 3 and Ultra) automatically get the 7 day free plan. It's not noted as such but the lack of subscription still means you have the free plan for those cameras. If not seeing this contact support using the link at the bottom here.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

I had a base station, 5 pro cameras, a video doorbell (with 3 month trail), a smart hub (with usb thumb drive) and an ultra camera setup. I had multiple problems. with getting everything to work. I switched everything over to the smart hub and got everything to work, but still had problems with accessing the usb thumb drive at times and couldn't add a smart plan for my ultra.

This morning I decided to unplug the old base station and remove it from my system. I went online and now all of a sudden, 2 of my pro cameras are now offline because I have reached my 5 camera limit. I'm starting to get a little mad now. JessicaP from Arlo had contacted me a couple of days ago and had asked me to try adding my cameras again (did something change?). Well I added the $2.99 plan to my ultra camera (as I had tried before), but this time it worked.

Now everything is working, 5 pro cameras for free, my video doorbell with 3 month trail, my ultra camera for $2.99/month, and I can access my usb stick to view stored videos.

@JamesC 

@JessicaP 

Did Arlo change something on there end or was it the old base station causing the problem? Just so confused on what was causing the problems and just hoping that it stays fixed.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

@Arlo-Greg

Just wanted to add Greg also to this

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

And forgot to add that the flashing amber led on the front of the smart hub is now blue!

ultrajones
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, here we go...  As I previously stated, supported had me remove *everything* from my account, then re-add the Ultra Cameras and *purchase* an Arlo plan that they would then credit me for a year.  They credited me for the first month but were supposed to set adjust my account so I don't keep getting billed for the first year.  I JUST RECEIVED ANOTHER BILL FOR THE NEXT MONTH SERVICE!  Support is clueless.  How do I get this resolved? 

By the way, what does the free one year service include for the 4 camera Arlo Ultra System purchased at Best Buy?  Does it include 5 or 10 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation