Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Home base not recording

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
CTrinh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All!

My 3 month cloud subscription just expired and now I’m setting up my Arlo base VMB5000r6 to record with my doorbell and 2 ultra 2 cameras. I bought a San disk extreme plus 256gb micro SDXC card, formatted it in the arlo app and…no recordings! My cameras notify me when there is activity but nothing records, nothing to view besides the live feed that’s happening. I’ve rebooted my hub a few times and still nothing. Do I need a subscription to record to my arlo base? I thought a subscription is not needed? 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CTrinh wrote:

I thought a subscription is not needed? 

Correct.

@CTrinh wrote:

My cameras notify me when there is activity but nothing records, nothing to view besides the live feed that’s happening.

Can you put the SDXC card in a PC and check it?  It's possible it is recording, but that the videos aren't accessible.

Do you see "Library" in the main screen in your app, or do you see "Feed"?

CTrinh
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I popped the sd card into my computer and CAN view the files.

My arlo app has FEED no library and the videos on the card are not shown anywhere on the app, neither in Feed nor under each device.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CTrinh wrote:

@StephenB I popped the sd card into my computer and CAN view the files.

My arlo app has FEED no library and the videos on the card are not shown anywhere on the app, neither in Feed nor under each device.

Are you following the instructions at the bottom of the page here?

To access your Direct Storage Access recordings in the Arlo Secure App:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap ...
  4. Tap the settings wheel for your SmartHub.
  5. Tap Storage Settings.
  6. Navigate the Arlo Feed wheel to view the last 30 days of video recordings.

Hashanli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3 Hardware VMB5000r6 Serial Number A6C43472D00FF

There are no recordings on my local microSDXC SanDisk Extreme Plus 256 GB 4K UHD U3 A2 V30 FC card and it formatted OK and ready for use in the Basestation and I have followed all instruction in the given document and any instructions found on this site for the VMB5000 to activate local storage. Everything else is OK on live feed and I get the messages to say that the Camera(s) is activated, on my phone. I ejected the disk and looked at the content on my laptop and there were no recordings. Can you advise.

I have followed these instructions.

Hashanli
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB

Firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3 Hardware VMB5000r6 Serial Number A6C43472D00FF

There are no recordings on my local microSDXC SanDisk Extreme Plus 256 GB 4K UHD U3 A2 V30 FC card and it formatted OK and ready for use in the Basestation and I have followed all instruction in the given document and any instructions found on this site for the VMB5000 to activate local storage. Everything else is OK on live feed and I get the messages to say that the Camera(s) is activated, on my phone. I ejected the disk and looked at the content on my laptop and there were no recordings. Can you advise.

I have followed these instructions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, did you format the card in the hub or by using a computer? Put the card in a computer and check its properties to ensure it's formatted in FAT32, not exFAT or anything else. Also check to see how many partitions are on the card. There should only be one. If not, remove them all and format it in the hub again.

Hashanli
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED -- I have reset everything and then reassigned all of the camera's and the mode process changed to allow the basestation only to be accessed and it was there that the Cameras all could be assigned to record. Not at all like the document as I previously posted.

Hashanli
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks checked all that and all OK.

Hashanli
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat - Thanks- Did all of that and have posted my fix.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation