Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to connect Ultra directly to WiFi? Signal is only 2 bars

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Annie365
Follower
Follower

Ive just purchased the Arlo Ultra with Smart Hub, as an external camera.  I previously had the essential version but the video quality wasn't what we needed. Ive installed the camera and Smart Hub and noticed that the WiFi signal is only 2 bars.  I have really good WiFi coverage in my home with a TPLink Archer AX6000 WiFi Router connected to a 1GB Virgin Media Router in modem mode.  Having the smart hub as a bridge is providing a weaker WiFi signal than my network is capable of.  Is there a way to connect the ultra directly to my own WiFi? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Annie365 wrote:

Is there a way to connect the ultra directly to my own WiFi? 

Unfortunately, there is no way to do that with the Ultra.

Are you having any issues with livestreaming or garbled recordings?  Is the camera ever going off line?

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

2 bars really isn't something to worry about, even when dropping to 1 on occasion it hasn't affected the camera working properly.  If for some reason I get one showing red a reboot fixes it.  I've had 7 cams for going on 3 years and 2 sometimes 3 are always on 2 bars.  A reboot not only brings some up but others down depending on the connection the hub makes each time.  Those furthest from the hub are usually the 2 that seldom go above 2 bars but as said has never affected them working properly.  I've said a number of times if Arlo ever upgrades the hub that is one area they need to work on.  Both my older Asus AC and newer ROG AX kick the hubs ass on range and signal.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation