Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Annual Subscription Plans?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Orygun
Aspirant
Aspirant

My free subscription with my purchase last year has expired. No warning from the company, and yes I have checked my spam. Seems I get plenty of advertising though.

There is only an option for monthly charges, I would prefer to pay for a year at a time and not seeing an option. Am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Orygun wrote:

My free subscription with my purchase last year has expired. No warning from the company, and yes I have checked my spam. Seems I get plenty of advertising though.

That's odd. I keep getting them.

This seems to be all you can get:

Arlo subscription plans and cloud recording

Annual would be good.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Zsaraman
Tutor
Tutor

Same happened here - almost no notice ‘your out and its going to cost this much for 2k per month’ I would have preferred being able to subscribe to another year at a sensible price - feeling that Ultra was good for the first year and now an expensive mistake - come on Arlo listen to your customers we are the ones who recommend you to friends and more and at the moment all I can say is it was good for the first year!!!!

Orygun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I started getting "we miss you" emails encouraging me to sign up for a plan.

About 6 months ago I bought a Ring Doorbell and home security system and it came with a camera. I really like the Ring with everything integrated into one app and now you can link the systems very easily. The Ring Plan allows for everything, alarm & cameras for $100/year. I have to say when Ring rolls out a new feature it is smooth ans painless.

I have since replace my 2 Arlo cameras with Ring cameras. The Arlo does produce nice video but its much nicer to have everything in one app.

Not sure what I will do with the Arlo cams, I wouldn't say it was a total mistake but Ring has more to offer if you want to use their security system.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation