Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Annoying Adobe Flash message every time I use chrome on windows

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everytime I log in to view my Arlo Cameras, using Chrome on a Windows PC, I get a popup saying that Adobe Flash it out of date.   I click the link, do nothing, return to Arlo and I can now select Live Video on any of the Cameras.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoying message ?

Chrome is meant to keep its version of flash up to date.  This does not seem to happen.

Can Arlo get rid of the annoying popup ?  Live View works without updating flash.

I have tried playing with the Chrome Settings to Allow Flash in the hope that this may help.  Google are constantly changing the settings for Flash.  Old guides for allowing flash in chrome no longer work.

I have tried selecting the padlock in Chrome and set Flash to Allow.  But this is reset to Ask every time I return to Arlo.

Anyone know hot to get rid of this annoying message in Chrome ?  I would rather not change browser.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just click on the link in the Flash banner and choose Allow. Everytime you restart Chrome you'll get the same prompt. I never close Chrome and use sleep mode so only a restart of the computer or Chrome makes me choose again.

BTW, this has been asked and answered here many times. A quick search on Flash would have gotten tons of threads and answers.