Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

For those with android delayed notifications due to doze mode there is a situatuion work around until the app team gets the app working with doze.  I am told they are working on it.  If you activate developer options on the phone.  settings/about phone/tap build number 7 times to activate.  Developer options is now at the bottom of settings.  Take care changing things your unsure of.  Go to developer options and turn on Stay Awake.  Now it will not doze while plugged in, the screen will dim but not go to sleep.  It's situational only but if I'm at the computer I plug into the usb, if I'm watching TV I plug into the usb on my recliner, in the car plug into a charger.  If it works for you give it a try.

2 REPLIES 2
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Does that override Do Not Disturb? I don't want my phone screen on 24 hours a day, shining into my face while I'm sleeping, but I do want to see my notifications right when they happen during the day! 😞

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I don't use do not disturb because I shut mine down at night.  The wife leaves her iphone on and it never misses a notification.  The screen will stay on but will dim, I assume to whatever your dim settings are.  In the evening I have to look right at it to see it's on.  It's just go to settings and turn it off at night and back on in the morning.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation