Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Always plugged in solutions for Ultra

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-ultra/ultra-accessories.aspx#VMA5000C-100NAS

These look to be out of stock... or preorder? Are they still in Pre-production state? Are there any 3rd party options that are available now?

What extra features do you get out of the Ultra cameras when always plugged into power besides the added convenience of not having to recharge the batteries in them?

6 REPLIES 6
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Take another look at the link,  looks like there are now in stock.

SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still showing:

Usually ships within 1 to 3 months.

DSMagic
Star
Star

I've also noticed they are hard to come by and the prices are absolutely insane on these cables. But you have to have them if you want to use your cameras for security purposes. I called support yesterday because someone came into my yard and stole a jerry can of gas and the camera didn't get a singe shot of the perp. Turns out it takes 7 seconds for the camera to start recording once it is triggered. The only way around this is to have it always plugged in. That way the camera is always recording but doesn't store the recording until it's triggered. When triggered it will store a few seconds prior to the trigger. That would have helped me catch the perp because he was in and out in 7 seconds and all I have is an image with the gas and the next image is without the gas but no record of how the gas went missing. I also have lots of images of dogs and birds. 

SirDigitalKnigh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed. It is a REALLY BIG problem! I have 4 of these Ultra cameras and the system only came with one power adapter and short cord. Not sure why they only sell the system with one power adapter and cord??? The camera's/floodlights/sirens are being installed in a warehouse  and need to be plugged into power to be of any real use! For the price they charge for these (highend) cameras you think they could provide power adapters and cables for them. 😞

Jack-Malin
Star
Star

I just received 2x 8ft Arlo cables that I had orderered in early February via Amazon.

I noticed that the boxes say Made in Vietnam, so Arlo is/has been in the process of switching production (or at least final assembly/packaging) to Vietnam from China to avoid the China tariffs, I suppose. Note that the charger itself is still Made in China, so they have been adding the complexity and time of shipping the charger to Vietnam, make the cable there and final pack in Vietnam.

That would explan why it has taken so long to supply the cable. Ohhh the beauty of trade wars....

I note that they are now available at Amazon for shipment on May 28.

As I said in another thread, I bought Wassertein compatible 25ft cables a while ago and they arrived a couple of weeks ago (they they were also out of stock for a couple of weeks). The Wasserstein cables are now available again at Amazon for shipment May 24 and they actually cost the same as the Arlo 8ft.

Hope this helps a bit people who have been waiting...

Jack-Malin
Star
Star

i meant Wassertein 25ft cables (not 25in) in my prior post.

Corrected now...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation