Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro ultra will not charge

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ongoing issues with new batteries, still won't charge. Has anyone had any luck getting a full refund from arlo? My cameras are still under the 2year nz warranty

19 REPLIES 19
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think you can get a refund but you can certainly use the warranty for support. You will have to have a subscription, though, even if you only get one temporarily for the purpose of support.

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why do you think I won't receive a refund? The product is continuously faulty & won't charge & within it's nz warranty period. I have a subscription to but the support staff at Arlo are useless, I've been trying to resolve ongoing issues with them for months now
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless you purchased them directly from Arlo, I don't see a path for a refund, just warranty replacement. I haven't heard of anyone getting a refund except through the store where purchased.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Unless you purchased them directly from Arlo, I don't see a path for a refund, just warranty replacement. I haven't heard of anyone getting a refund except through the store where purchased.

Me either, but consumer laws are different in different countries, and could come into play here.

No harm in asking for a refund though.

KiwiGrue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi did you manage to solve the issue or obtain a remedy under NZ consumer law ... I have a camera that will not sync (no blue light flashing etc) and bought two new batteries that only seem to partially charge and do not solve the issue! No problems with my other two Ultra2 cameras but this one seems shot!

JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi KiwiGrue,

Yea my local JB Hi-Fi store agreed to refund the money. Arlos products are absolute rubbish & their customer service is just as **bleep**
I've basically told everyone I know to never use their products
Hopefully your local store does the same
JakeP87
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea the local JB Hi-Fi store ended up agreeing to refund the money. Arlos products are absolute rubbish & their customer service is just as **bleep**
I've basically told everyone I know to never use their products
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @KiwiGrue

Are you trying to charge with the OEM Arlo branded Power adapter and cable? 

KiwiGrue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shanye

Yes using Arlo recharger set. It only seems to charge about 50% then drains very quickly before I can re-establish link to the Arlo router. I have not been able to reset using the synch button (no blue flashing light). 

Cheers

Alistair

KiwiGrue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shane I should add that I have three cameras and they have been working seamlessly since purchased until recently one has dropped off the network.

Cheers

Alistair

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried factory resetting the camera via these steps then onboard again?

https://www.arlo.com/en_fi/support/faq/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

KiwiGrue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did but no luck as the camera would only hold a charge for a short period.

I have 3 cameras two, operating as expected but one 'died'. I thought it was the battery (it would not recharge) so I purchased 2 new batteries but alas the same result - unable to recharge on the faulty camera. Tried the new batteries with the other two operating cameras and the batteries recharged without any problems. I can only assume there is a fault with the camera and I am at a loss to fix it. 

Cheers

Alistair

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have this issue in colder areas of Australia, the battery won't hold charge and won't take charge. I need to bring the battery inside to warm it up before charging.

Also refunds are possible.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mad_cow wrote:
I have this issue in colder areas of Australia, the battery won't hold charge and won't take charge. 

How cold is it?

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice
-3°c is common overnight
KiwiGrue
Aspirant
Aspirant

Temperature is not a problem here so may need to see if ˆcan replace it.

Cheers

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mad_cow wrote:
-3°c is common overnight

FWIW, my New England winters are often colder than -3°c at night, and my cameras will hold their charge ok.   Of course recharging is needed more often in the winter (that's just the way battery chemistry works).  But they will usually run for more than a month between charges in the winter.  What are you seeing?

The battery will charge if the temp is over 0°c (certainly mine do), but if it is colder than that you do need to bring them indoors to charge them.

Mad_cow
Apprentice
Apprentice
I see charge drop to 0% in a very short time. Mine are connected to constant power, but they don't run without a battery in them.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mad_cow wrote:
I see charge drop to 0% in a very short time. Mine are connected to constant power, but they don't run without a battery in them.

Have you checked the charge both in the app and a PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

Are you always seeing the battery full with power icon?

battery_full (1).png

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation