Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lowriskC
Aspirant
Aspirant

just got some Arlo Ultra, had 4 netatmo Prense for a few year and wanted to try the Arlo 4k but im very confuse with the notifications and alarm system

with my Netatmo I used to have individual light, alert and recording settings based on what ever the motion was from an human, car, animal or other motion, I can't seems to see anything like this with Arlo.

With the Arlo, can you not limit notification or alarm for person detection for exemple?

Thanks In advance

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lowriskC wrote:

With the Arlo, can you not limit notification or alarm for person detection for exemple?

You can go into the smart notification settings for the camera, and disable notifications for whatever classifications you wish.

lowriskC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you,

But from what I understand you can't have different settings for the Alarm (only Person) and notification (Person, Vehicle, and Animal) and also different settings for the recording , and also different setting for the flash light ?

If I understand properly whatever you select on the notification setting will impact every other function.

For exemple, I like the animal to be recorded or sent a notification but a night time don't want them to trigger the alarm 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo Smart will always record the video and send it off to the servers for analysis to determine what triggered the recording. Since the servers do the processing, there's no way to NOT record and get those notifications.

lowriskC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I assume this is not possible at the moment then, but totally possible,

I was assuming this was the case as was possible with my previous camera but I understand it's not the same company / developing team.

In the case of my Netatmo Presence for instance, all the traffic is sent first to a server in Netherland I believe using a encrypted VPN connection, including the video at the first place, so the video is streamed from they server and the AI analyst the detection type very quickly and sent the notification or recording or light settings.

I didn't have a deep inspection of the trafic from Arlo not sure whatever the whole trafic is sent for processing through Arlos server first but it's seems to be the case as amazon Alexa notification are often faster than Arlo's local client.

but anyway , I guest the app wasn't developed for this yet, I guest some feedback need to be submitted 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation